£17-18k plus Holidays 23 days + shut down between Christmas and New Year + parking and pension
Hours 830-5 Mon-Thurs; 8-330 Fri 37.5hrs
A local manufacturer is seeking a Warehouse Operative with a minimum of 2 year's experience
You will be under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, to assist in the process of: pick, pack and despatch of customer orders and goods required by production and Goods Inwards.
To assist in the effective and efficient application of best practices in managing the warehouse.
- Pick goods for production as required, ensuring sufficient stock levels are maintained for the production teams and rotating stock
- Prepare components for use in production ensuring works orders are completed on time to avoid delays in the production process
- Pick and pack goods for despatch as per customer orders, within delivery timeframe, ensuring stock rotation basis and accompanied by the correct paperwork.
- Ensure that corrective actions are avoided by timely and accurate picking.
- Load transportation companies at the end of the day and ensure manifests are correct to load.
- Assist when necessary with Goods-In and perform any special inspection procedures as defined.
- Ensure all goods are booked in within 24hrs of receipt and inform suppliers within 24hrs of any delivery discrepancies.
- Place stock in bin locations with clear and correct labelling, update Sage to reflect the stock arrival and placement, ensuring stock rotation on a FIFO basis.
- Support the cyclical stock checks as defined and total check as and when directed.
- Support the stock location checks when directed.
- Complete daily forklift truck checks before use.
- Safe loading/unloading of deliveries so as to avoid damage to products, property and person, use the fork lift truck and other MHE in the daily operation of your duties ensuring that Health and Safety regulations where applicable are adhered to, and monitor their up keep.
- Ensure that the warehouse is presented in the best light through the tidiness of stacking, cleanliness and tidiness of the general environment and the consistency of labelling etc.
- Perform other warehouse duties as required.
- Forklift driving experience