Are you a competent project manager in office or interior design? Are you passionate about delivering concurrent projects from point of sale to completion on site including, being fully conversant with specifications / drawings, design / build and Bills of Quantities?
What does this job involve?
- Working on multiple projects throughout the UK within the office design and build environment
- Support the sales/pre-contracts teams with attendance at pitches and client meetings.
- Take full control and responsibility of health and safety and quality and financial control on projects
- Assist in developing and take ownership of the programme, procurement scheduling and delivery aspects of a project.
- Assist in the selection and appointment of all subcontractors on the project and ensure that all appointments are made in accordance with the project programme and procurement schedule.
- Arrange pre-start co-ordination meetings with sub-contractors prior to starting works on site, chair the weekly sub- contracts meetings (onsite) and minute meetings.
- Oversee and manage all sub-contractors throughout the project.
- Ensure that liaison with building control and any other statuary authorities has been carried out as required by the design team and specialist suppliers.
- Assist in signing off sub-contractor's valuations and invoices for works completed.
- Provide regular reports on all matters of programme, cost and quality on a project.
- Manage the production of all snagging / defects from 'day 1' on a project through to Practical
- Completion, and ensure final snagging completed within 2 weeks of project close..
- Assist with the Health & Safety File to ensure completed and delivered at Practical Completion and that all client training has been completed prior to Practical Completion.
- Provide support to ensure project final accounts and subcontractor accounts are closed within 8 weeks of Practical Completion.
What do you need?
- Fully competent with MS Excel and MS Project.
- Experienced in delivering concurrent projects from point of sale to completion on site including, being fully conversant with specifications / drawings, design / build and Bills of Quantities.
- Able to take full control and responsibility of health and safety and quality and financial control on projects they are involved in.
- Commercial construction background and a good experience of office design and build
- Strong construction and project management skills
- Action taker with the ability to be in charge and manage a team
- Qualification in building or construction, i.e. CIOB, MAPM, BSc, HNC/HND.
- Full and clean driving license & ability to travel throughout UK
What's on offer?
- Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 20 days holiday PA, plus bank holidays.
- Company phone and laptop
- Enrolment in company pension scheme
- Mileage allowance of 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles.
- Commission based on Gross Profit of Projects Involved with