Temping in a warehouse and want a permanent role with good hours, big team and opportunity to learn?
A local firm is seeking a Warehouse Operative with a minimum of 2 year's experience who wants to work in a warehouse production environment.
What will you be doing?
- Pick goods for production, ensuring sufficient stock levels are maintained for the production teams and rotating stock
- Prepare components for use in production ensuring works orders are completed on time to avoid delays in the production process
- Pick and pack goods for despatch as per customer orders, within delivery timeframe, ensuring stock rotation basis and accompanied by the correct paperwork.
- Ensure that corrective actions are avoided by timely and accurate picking.
- Load transportation companies at the end of the day and ensure manifests are correct to load.
- Assist when necessary with Goods-In and perform any special inspection procedures as defined.
- Ensure all goods are booked in within 24hrs of receipt and inform suppliers within 24hrs of any delivery discrepancies.
- Place stock in bin locations with clear and correct labelling, update Sage to reflect the stock arrival and placement, ensuring stock rotation on a FIFO basis.
- Support the cyclical stock checks as defined and total check as and when directed.
- Support the stock location checks when directed.
- Complete daily forklift truck checks before use.
- Safe loading/unloading of deliveries so as to avoid damage to products, property and person, use the fork lift truck and other MHE in the daily operation of your duties ensuring that Health and Safety regulations where applicable are adhered to, and monitor their up keep.
- Ensure that the warehouse is presented in the best light through the tidiness of stacking, cleanliness and tidiness of the general environment and the consistency of labelling etc.
What do you need?
- Previous experience within a warehouse
- Good communication skills
- Forklift driving would be beneficial
What's on offer?
- Great team working environment
- Hours start 8:30am
- Finish early on Fridays
- 37.5 hour working week
- Salary £18000
- 23 days holiday + BH and shut down for Christmas New Year week