Having spent the last few years as a Developer you've recently stepped up into managing a team. You've been working with Google Cloud, as well as having the usual web technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, JSON and some scripting skills Bash or Perl. You want to work in a dynamic, expanding on-line business which has funky relaxed offices, a place where you can make your own decisions, create better work-flows and evolve your capabilities.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and mentor a team of 8 developers
- Manage various projects including a project to move from a Microsoft technology stack to mixed stack including Google Cloud technology
- Build new functionality for B2B & B2C platforms in SCRUM Agile
- Lead design and code reviews and enforce coding standards
- Identify and address performance issues in the software on the live site, debugging issues in real-time.
- Manage live releases during short downtime windows.
What do you need for this opportunity?
- Previous experience of leading and managing developers
- Good knowledge of large-scale website architectures and technology stacks
- Database design skills, preferably MSSQL or Google BigQuery
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Ideally you will have experience within an ecommerce or online retail environment.
- Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring.
- Experience of working in an agile environment, SCRUM training a plus!
- Some scripting skills: Bash, Perl,
- Website development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, JSON, REST, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Release management and configuration management experience.
- Google Cloud experience
- Demonstrable talent coding
- Excellent Windows or Unix/Linux skills.
- Experience with modern microservice and/or web application development techniques and frameworks.
What's on offer?
- Apart from working in an evolving environment with a great team, where your opinions are valued and you can make decisions easily to improve the work flow, there's also:
- Salary of up to £45,000 + 12.5% annual bonus
- Funky office environment with casual dress, including free breakfast, table tennis lunchtime games and open drinks fridge on a Friday!
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Healthcare, Dental, eye care
- Perk Box - discounts to cinema, gourmet card, car/phone insurance and much more.
- Cycle to work, childcare voucher scheme
- Wellness Wednesdays & Sports Teams
- Quarterly social events, summer party, christmas party + loads more!