This role will require the successful candidate to undertake the lead in training and managing the Level 3 Diploma Residential Childcare England and Level 5 Leadership and Management in residential childcare qualifications. Coordinating and delivering mandatory training sessions for both courses at our Head Office in Haywards Heath These will be theory based training sessions. Monitor staff attendance and progress, keeping staff and administration managers updated. You will also be required to undertake the assessing of candidates who are studying for the diplomas therefore the need to have a recognised assessment qualification, TAQA or A1 aware is essential to be considered for this role.
It is also essential that you have experience of working within the care sector and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the successful candidate will have the ability to plan and manage a workload, working both independently and as part of a team.
This is a field based role, which requires the assessment of individual staff practice at our Homes, of which we have 9. They are in Sussex and Surrey. The successful candidate will need to be able to nurture and develop all the staff's different learning needs and styles.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Design and Implement a Diploma Residential Childcare, England and Level 5 leadership and management course for all learners within the organisation.
- To register (with the Senior Administrator at My Choice Head Office and enrol) new candidates, on the level 3 & 5 where appropriate and facilitate the induction and enrolment process.
- Work closely with East Sussex college (as all students are enrolled with the college).
- To ensure that candidates enrolled and registered on the Level 3 diploma are provided with the training and support & assessment required to enable them to achieve the qualification within a specified period of time.
- To ensure that candidates (currently only Care Managers- Deputy Managers) enrolled and registered on the Level 5 diploma in leadership and management are provided with the training support and assessment required / necessary to enable them to achieve the qualification within a specified period of time.
- To provide on- going assessment, feedback, review, support and guidance on the Diploma process in line with the standards (CACHE or City & Guilds).
- To work with the internal verifier at East Sussex college to ensure high standards are met.
- To provide Diploma field based assessment and deliver theory based workshops at My Choice Head Office to a caseload of 40 + candidates, small learning groups. This may increase depending on staffing levels and the needs of the company. To support candidates by developing their underpinning knowledge.
- To attend assessor standardisation sessions in order to meet the quality assurance measures of the assessment centre and awarding body whilst building professional relationships and maintaining these with the college.
- To maintain an assessor portfolio in line with the awarding body requirements.
- To undertake other training programs depending on the needs of the company to develop and enhance own continued professional practice (CPD).
- Other training courses will only be undertaken upon agreement with the Policy and Development Manager.
- Managing all learner styles, to ensure all staff achieve successful results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with all staff field based who are registered on the Diploma Residential childcare England and Level 5 Leadership and Management.
- Maintain all learning records.
- Deliver theory based learning sessions at Head Office in Diplomas, Residential childcare England and Level 5 Leadership and Management.
- Attend meetings organised by your line manager.
- Take guidance and tasks as set by the internal verifier/ senior management.
- Work to the standards and equal opportunities policy
- Ensure that the awarding body/standards are met
- Ensure that East Sussex college standards are met.
- Provide appropriate learning support to enable effective assessment.
- Adapt your Diploma assessment style for each candidate, taking into consideration staff members learning style.
- Set achievable timescales for work to be completed.
- Complete all the required documentation associated with the qualification.
- Advise your line manager of any issues of concern relating to the qualification or with candidates.
- Develop theory based work books for candidates to complete the knowledge specification for the optional units.
- Keep your own candidate attendance record and book candidates onto workshops after each meeting.
- Work to achieve Regulation 32.4 (a) (b), 5 (a) (b) & 6 (a) (b) & 7 (a) from the Children's Homes Regulations 2015.
- When the target has been met, re, Regulation 32, work with the line manager to develop the Diplomas at My Choice with an aim to set up as an Independent Diploma Centre Registered with an awarding body.
- Ensure you maintain your electronic diary keeping appointments recorded and up to date at all times.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Hours of work are: 35 per week. The 35 hours are to be worked generally Monday to Friday. 9.00am to 5.00pm (with one hour unpaid for lunch) but may be worked flexibly with agreement from the Policy and Development Manager.
- This role will be office based when managing training sessions but is primarily field based and will require the successful candidate to travel across East/West Sussex and Surrey to the various homes locations.
- Holiday entitlement: 22 days' annual leave entitlement per annum (plus Public Bank Holidays).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Employee benefits package.
THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEING MET
1. Suitably experienced / qualified evidence of qualifications required
2. Satisfactory formal interview at Head Office
3. Satisfactory second interview
4. Satisfactory References
5. Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check
6. Overseas police check (if required)
7. Full UK driving licence required and access to own transport
If you wish you can read more about My Choice Children's Homes here