A multi-award winning, start-up accountancy firm are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join their successful and growing team in London. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, commercially minded candidate who has a desire to work with an interesting, innovative client base of tech start-ups.
Working in a lively environment, their culture is ingrained in everything they do and they look for like-minded, bright and tech savvy individuals to help grow the team. Alongside this, you'll be helping to build successful, well known digital businesses across the world. With a newly established New York office, there are potential secondment opportunities in the US for high performing team members.
About the role
- Managing a high profile portfolio of tech startups and venture capitalists.
- Monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts acting as a virtual CFO to clients.
- Client facing focus - onboarding using Xero and receipt bank.
- Provision of financial management support, advising on procedure streamlining.
- Chairing team meetings and supervising junior team members.
- Collating financial information for R&D tax credits and SEIS/EIS - previous experience not necessary.
- Strong emphasis on development with a structured training plan.
- Reporting to the Financial Controller.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with minimum 3 years practice experience.
- You'll likely have a background in the Big 4 and be looking to join an agile, dynamic start up with great opportunities to progress.
- You'll be outgoing, confident and sociable.
- Ideally have past experience in accounting for start ups.
- Strong IT knowledge including Xero and Excel.
- Confident in leading a team, delegating tasks and motivating junior staff.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, you'll have a drive to achieve in a bright team of like minded colleagues.
- Excellent time management and organisation alongside strong communication abilities.
- With outstanding attention to detail, you'll have a good working knowledge of all aspects of accounting.
- Keen to work within and learn more about the technology industry
To discuss the firm and technical elements of the role in more detail, please get in touch with Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John to find out more.
The salary advertised has been set by the agency and should be seen as a guide. Salary expectations will be discussed on application.