Quality Engineer looking to step up into a management role? You have knowledge / experience of ISO9001 and all fundamental quality tools (PPAP, 8D, ISO9001, DFMEA, and PFMEA). You are highly motivated, have good communication skills and keen to progress. A local manufacturer is seeking a Lead Quality Engineer to ensure the Quality Management System in place meets quality standards (including ISO9001 and OHSAS18001).
What will you be doing?
- Maintenance and Development of QMS
- Lead the quality assurance activities to bring solutions in line with customer expectations, contractual requirements, and quality standards.
- Undertake project work in support of quality department on topics such as supplier inputs, quality improvement plan development, procedure writing, problem solving, investigation reporting.
- Liaise with internal and external customers on quality concerns.
- Carry out internal Quality audits.
- Investigate rejects and implement/coordinate corrective actions to reduce internal and supplier rejects and provide effective root cause analysis.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001 and OHSAS18001, relevant regulatory and customer specific requirements.
- Support Technical Team in various stages of product development and testing.
- Inspection and sign off of bought in products.
- Coordinate and investigate customer complaints. Implement corrective action results to prevent recurrence. Produce and issue formal report.
- Control the Quality System procedures using the company documentation software.
- Coordinate calibration of internal instruments in required time frame and update internal calibration system.
- Work with supply chain and the Purchasing Manager to develop suppliers to ensure a continued acceptable service.
What do you need?
- Ideally a Quality Engineer who wants to progress into management
- Degree (or Similar) qualification in Quality or Engineering discipline
- Strong PC skills
- Knowledge / experience of ISO9001 Knowledge of all fundamental quality tools (PPAP, 8D, ISO9001, DFMEA, PFMEA)
- Proven problem-solving skills in a high volume manufacturing & assembly environment
- Ideally Qualified or Experienced Internal Auditor
- Experience of manufacturing and assembly
- Appreciation of mechanical engineering principles and common failure modes
What's on offer?
- Salary of £27,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Holidays 23 days + shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Hours 8-5 finish 3:30 Fridays