Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Temporary Role - Woking
£11 to £12 per hour
5 days /37.5 hours flexible over the week with parking
- Provide a professional and comprehensive secretarial and administrative support service to the Chief Executive Officer, Chair and Deputy Chair of Trustees and to support other members of the charity if and when required
Key Result Areas/Main Accountabilities:
- Manage the activities of the CEO effectively, prioritising and arranging meetings as required.
- Manage CEO emails acting on urgent requests in their absence, replying directly or forwarding messages as appropriate members of staff.
- Collate and prepare agendas for meetings chaired by the CEO and ensure timely distribution of the paperwork.
- Participate in major committee meetings, including Board and AGM, taking minutes as required ensuring timely transcribing and distribution to attendees. Book venues and refreshments for meetings and events.
- Produce high quality letters, agendas, minutes, report and board packs.
- Ensure in CEO's absence that all correspondence is actioned.
- Ensure appropriate papers and agendas are readily available for meetings attended by the CEO.
- Prepare presentations for CEO as required.
- Liaison with a diverse range of contacts to include Supporters (Corporate and Private), Volunteers, Families and Carers together with Board Members, Executive Team Members, Senior Managers and staff.
- Optimise use of non-pay resources, being mindful of costs and being alert to making the best use of the budgetary resources.
- Liaising with other departments, Donors, Trustees, Volunteers, Supporters both Corporate and Individual.
- Be able to deal calmly and professionally with members of the public, both on the telephone and in person.
- Work flexibly and undertake any other tasks that the CEO may from time to time allocate.
- To be conversant with database systems and undertake mail shots as required.
- Open, stamp and organize daily post to the CEO, filtering to staff as appropriate and replying to routine correspondence.
- Screen telephone calls for the CEO and act as first point of contact/
- Undertake other duties that the CEO deems appropriate to the nature and grade of the post following consultation with the post holder.
- Maintain an awareness of all issues being dealt with by the Hospices in order to deal with telephone and personal enquiries in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Ensure that information is disseminated appropriately to staff within the Hospices and high standards of communication are achieved.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- To be conversant with all Hospice Policies and Procedures.