With good technical experience and detailed knowledge of IT environment you'll be able to provide in-depth pre and post-sales support within the EMEA territory. You'll have climbed the ladder within your technology career, perhaps starting as a developer (with knowledge of C#, .net, OOP) and seeking that next step.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all technical aspects of products.
- Manage customer qualification process and solve pre and post sales technical issues by intelligent use of personal knowledge, internal and external sources, diagnostic tools and equipment and support from overseas headquarters.
- Provide input on customer requirements to sales to product management for product planning purposes.
- Keep a precise overview of Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), Technical Information (TI) and communicate changes to the customer as appropriate or by order.
- Provide detailed technical reports of any product issue to Headquarters by Technical Inquiry Memorandum (TIM).
- Prepare and give technical workshops, product and service training to customers and sales partners.
- Hold a knowledge of competitor product specifications and features.
- Assist Sales & Marketing Teams in both pre and post sales activities with customers at meetings, exhibitions etc.
- Support partners in software life cycle (e.g. updates, bug fixing, new releases) in an Agile framework.
- Provide internal and external technical support including customer visits and attendance at exhibitions and events.
What do you need?
- Good technical support (pre and post sales) experience (Hardware, software and solutions experience will be an advantage.)
- Detailed knowledge of IT environment (Windows, Network, Mac, Linux)
- Good communication skills with ability to take complex technology and information and make it understood both internally and externally.
- Ability to give support across different sales regions (customers, partners, exhibitions) and understand the importance of internal and external networking
- Ability to provide detailed technical reports on product issues.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally as required for the role – sometimes as short notice.
- Ideally Degree Level Education or Technology Certificates.
- Language skills – second language preferred (German, Italian, or French).
- Understand partner requirements for software solutions and, with supervision, develop and implement proper scanning and imaging solutions.
What's on offer?
- Salary c. £46,000
- Discretionary Bonus (up to £9k)
- Company Car (or Car Allowance)
- Private Medical
- 25 days holiday