You manage stores like clockwork; you love keeping things in order, stock taking and ensuring parts available on time.
A Stores Person is required for a local organisation in brand new offices to manage goods in and out; ensuring the Engineers have all the parts to hand that they need.
What will you be doing?
- Order routine equipment, parts and on-going consumables.
- Deliveries – receiving goods-in, checking, signing and booking on to the system.
- Picking parts from a Parts List to allocate stock for installation/upgrade projects.
- Distribute equipment to engineers ensuring appropriate paperwork is complete.
- Liaise with all departments to advise of parts delivered and of any delays.
- Plant equipment administration involving logging serial numbers and arranging repairs.
- Manage all returns through liaising with suppliers, engineers and couriers. Track returns for repair and warranty, with repeated faults reported to your Line Manager.
- Send equipment straight to site through organising couriers.
- Responsible for communication with clients via telephone or e-mail to process and dispatch orders for supply only transmitters.
- Maintain the stores, ensuring clean and tidy
- Chase suppliers for updates and periodically review suppliers' pricing.
What do you need?
Previous experience within a store room
- Ideally experience of managing goods in and out of technical or engineering products
- Good communication skills
- Basic administration and PC skills
- Driving licence advantageous
Able to lift goods to 50 lbs
What's on offer?
Brand new stores room
Hours 7am to 4pm Mon-Fri - hour for lunch