Financial Controller - Rapid growth FMCG Startup - First finance hire
Are you looking for an autonomous, hands on role within a dynamic and rapidly growing business? As the first finance hire for this business following a period of impressive expansion, this role puts you at the heart of the leadership team. You'll have day-to-day contact with the co-founders and play a key role in developing and implementing a first class finance function.
This is a role for a qualified accountant who likes to challenge the status quo and add value. In return for playing a key role in the further growth of the business, you'll have access to share-options, flexible working hours and the chance to make a real impact in an early stage startup and small, but growing team.
What you'll be doing...
- Have ownership of the finance department, manage accounts and financials (Xero and integrated software)
- Have a direct impact by developing and progressing all financial systems and processes across the business to provide a solid foundation to scale.
- Debt management and settling accounts payables- chasing invoice payments, reconciling & tracking current payments, organising and setting up payment runs
- Managing and helping to shape, operational KPIs -including generating KPI reports, subsequent recommendations
- Ownership of regular reporting: preparing and updating operational and financial numbers: cashflow, daily sales etc. for forecasting and budgeting
- Manage internal finance-related queries from the rest of the team, leadership or investors
- Support the entire business by working through business cases for new products or initiatives (ie. modelling out and reviewing strategic initiatives, helping with execution)
- Support co-founders in the fundraising process
What you'll bring to the table...
- Qualified accountant
- 2-3 years minimum in a consulting or accounting firm - plus ideally 1-2 years working in a high growth FMCG/Food & Beverage start-up....or have tried a hand at running your own thing!
- Comfortable with complex financial modelling and an analytical problem solver; fluency in data manipulation and analytics
- Previous management experience - you'll need to be able to grow your own team
- Coachability, positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious attitude - you'll need to react quickly to unexpected challenges and spot new opportunities
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally in a small team
If this sounds like you, then please apply online or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John for more information.