Are you ready to run your own practice?
A qualified Accountant is required to manage their own portfolio of clients taking full responsibility for client service delivery and managing junior members of staff.
What will you be doing?
- Manage a portfolio of limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals
- Prepare sole trader, partnership and limited company accounts
- Prepare corporation tax returns and business tax computations
- Book-keeping and preparation of management accounts and VAT returns
- Preparation of Forms P11d, company secretarial forms/submissions, personal tax returns as required
- Manage junior staff and provide technical support
- Responsibility for maintaining the firm's technical standards
- Participate in development of new value-added client services
- Participate in the firm's marketing initiatives
What do you need?
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an accountancy practice
- Technically able and up-to-date
- Sound double entry, able to prepare accounts from any accounting records
- Sound knowledge of VAT and business tax
- Good IT skills inc. Excel and Word
- Knowledge of TaxCalc Accounts Production and Business Tax, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks an advantage (or alternative accounting/tax packages)
- Knowledge of personal tax an advantage
- Good business sense (demonstrable interest in business – from previous jobs/roles)
- Good communicator – both clear verbal and accurate written skills
What's on offer?
- Opportunity to manage your own practice due to a recent acquisition
- Good basic and excellent benefits package